Man Made & Yard Debris
Charlton County Man Made & Yard Deris Pickup
Charlton County has restructured its schedule for the pick-up of yard debris and man-made debris from the road sides of unincorporated Charlton County. Our goal is to ensure that residents know the estimated pickup day in order to have debris removed quicker from the County's roadsides. (Note: Regular household garbage continues to be picked up by Advance Disposal. If you have questions regarding your regular household trash can, please call Sarah Reynolds at (912) 496-3826.
- The County Truck route is separated into zones that follow our County Commissioner's districts. Yard debris and man-made debris are collected based on the zone you live in. Each zone is completed before moving onto the next one.
- To make arrangements for a pickup, Click here. Please read the rest of the page before submitting a request to insure a proper pick up.
Tentative Pick Up Schedule:
District 1 & 2- Monday & Tuesday
District 4 & 5- Wednesday & Thursday
District 3 - Pickups will be twice a month for a couple of days, unless we see it is needed more.
Brief District Description
- District 1- Commissioner Benefield: Old Bethune area, Thomas Camp, Pinehurst, & Settler's Village
- District 2- Commissioner Everett: Dixie Lake, Highway 40 to The Skating Rink
- District 3- Commissioner Crews: St. George, GA Bend, & Moniac
- District 4- Commissioner Jones: Homeland, Trader's Hill, Paxton Road area, Sardis Community, Partial Uptonville, & Old Dixie Highway
- District 5- Commissioner Gowen: Winokur, Racepond, Camp Pinckney, & Partial Uptonville
The following are the County's rules for debris pickup due to landfill regulations:
1. Yard debris MUST be separated from man-made debris. We cannot pick up anything not separated.
- Yard debris include trees, leaves, and limbs. (If the yard debris DOES NOT meet the landfill regulations it WILL NOT get picked up.)
- Logs greater than 6 inches in diameter MUST be cut into 4-ft lengths without branches attached.
- Branches greater than 4 inches in diameter MUST be cut into 8-ft lengths.
- Tree stumps MUST be cut with 1-ft or less of the tree trunk attached to the stump.
- Man-made debris include old furniture, plastic, water hoses, toys, swing sets, ladders, mattresses, patio sets, treated and untreated lumber.
2. We only pick up yard or man-made debris from residences. We do not pick up debris from any business. Commercial businesses must make separate arrangements with commercial garbage companies.
3. We cannot pick up yard debris as a result of lot/land clearing, development, or major landscaping activities. The maximum size pile is 5 cubic yards. Amounts of debris larger than this must be disposed of by the resident/owner/developer through other means. Licensed contractors or any paid individual are responsible for the removal and disposal from their work sites.
4. We cannot pick up any man-made debris as a result of any major construction or demolition. The maximum size pile is 5 cubic yards. New construction or remodeling by contractors cannot be accepted. Licensed contractors are responsible for the removal and disposal from their work sites.
5. We cannot pick up metal goods. (Freezers, refrigerators, washers, & dryers) Metal items can be disposed at commercial locations that accept metal. Contact the Charlton County Chamber of Commerce (912) 496-2536 for local businesses that accept metal.
City of Folkston Yard & Miscellaneous Trash Pickup
Visit the Garbage, Trash, and Recycling page or call 912-496-2563 for more information.
City of Homeland Trash Pickup
For information, call: 912-496-7332.